Sole Proprietor & Partnership
Sole Proprietor & Partnership Registration Package
- Includes Professional fees to form business firm
- Includes ACRA fees
- Includes Business profile
- Free One year Domain Name (.com.sg or .sg by SGNIC)
Information Required For Registration of Sole Proprietor/Partnership:
- 2 Proposed Business Names.
- Business Activities Description.
- Location of Registered Office
- Sole Proprietor
- Copy of Owner’s NRIC
- Copy of NRIC information of all local Managers
- Copy of Passport and Proof of foreign address of all Foreign Owners
What is a Sole Proprietor?
A sole-proprietorship is a business owned by one person or one company. There are no partners. The sole-proprietor has absolute say in the running of the business.
Under the Business Registration Act, Cap. 32, "business" includes every form of trade, commerce, craftsmanship, calling, profession and any activity carried on for the purposes of gain but does not include any office, employment or occupation, or any of the businesses specified below:
List of exempted entities/individuals:
- Individuals carrying on any of the businesses specified in the First Schedule.
- Statutory authority or other body established under any written law.
- Institution, society or person specified in the First Schedule to the Income Tax Act.
- Registered Society.
- Registered co-operative society.
- Registered mutual benefit organisation.
- Person carrying on any business consisting solely of the exercise of any profession which under the law can be exercised only by those who posses certain prescribed qualifications and whose names are registered in the manner prescribed by the law (e.g. doctors, lawyers).
- Charitable institutions which is exempt from tax under the Income Tax Act.
- The Public Trustee or the Official Assignee of the property of a bankrupt.
- A foreign company carrying on business in Singapore which is registered under the Companies Act and carries on the business under its corporate name.
- Any other person or class of persons for the time being exempted by the Minister, by notification of the Gazette, from all provisions of this Act.
- Any company registered under the Companies Act or any previous legislation carrying on business under a business name that consists of its corporate name.
Businesses specified in the First Schedule:
- Any business of a licensed hawker who sells or exposes for sale any drink, goods, wares or merchandise of any kind whatsoever, or who offers for hire his skill in handicraft or craftsmanship.
- Any business of a craftsman who –
- exercises his craft on his own domestic premises;
- does not display the products of his craftsmanship for sale in public; and
- does not employ any person other than members of his immediate family for the purpose of his business.
- Any business of –
- a taxi driver;
- a trishaw rider;
- a sampan man plying his sampan for hire; or
- a farmer, a fish pond keeper or a prawn pond keeper who:
- does not employ any person other than members of his immediate family;
- does not own the land on which his farm or pond stands; and
- does not charge members of the public any fee for admission.